Sunday, February 5, 2012

Progress Report 02.05.12

I finally got around to cutting the metal poles for the peninsula.  I removed the temporary 2x4 supports installed initially replacing them with two metal poles from my former HO layout.



My other big project I have been working on is scenery in the Franklin Farms / Rock Island area.  I removed the original cardboard strip / plaster cloth scenery on the outside of the tracks from McGee Creek (just west of Franklin Farms) up through the first road crossing in Rock Island.  I replaced with extruded styrofoam.  I shaped and covered with drywall plaster.  I worked on it off and on this weekend completing all the scenery that was previously torn out.  

Scenery is a much slower process than just about anything else that I have done.  It takes time to build, but I'm excited to start work.  I'm looking forward to see how it develops as this is all virgin territory for me.  I have built numerous variations of layouts, but have yet to ever scenic one.


A fishing pond is being added across the tracks from Franklin Farms.

The new field for the Franklin's livestock to roam.


New scenery has been added and covered with plaster (not shown in this picture) up to the first road crossing in Rock Island.

The new road into Franklin Farms is more level and reminiscent of the road out to my father-in-law's farm.

The new barn is in place on top of the hill looking over McGee Creek and the farmland across the tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment