Thursday, April 25, 2013

Rock Island v.2.0 - Session with Corporate Therapist

So, this evening riding home, I enter into a conversation with the Rock's corporate psychologist (i.e. my wife). She was reviewing my blog post yesterday regarding the ROCK v2.0.  Halfway through reading it, she comes to the conclusion that I simply like to build layouts.  I responded that was crazy talk!  I must have denied this ten times.  She was adamant in her diagnosis.  She responded "You see that the layout is nearing completion and have nothing left to build.  You like to build.  You will build the ROCK 2.0 and then be unhappy and rebuild again."  She then hit me with a question.  "So, how many layouts have you built?"  I started thinking....4...but really just 3.


  • The ICNW - Illinois Central / Chicago & Northwestern urban switching layout in HO scale
  • a Rebuild of the ICNW in a smaller shelf built layout in HO scale 
  • The MC Junction layout (a fictional shortline railroad in Meredosia, IL) in HO scale (never got very far)
  • The Rock Island: Illinois Division in N Scale.  This was the first fully successful layout.  
So, not too bad considering I'm nearly 40.  

She responds what about the layout in your parents garage?   oh....

Well, I need to confess something about that layout.  .  Well, the layout in my parents garage must have been changed / rebuilt 20 times (maybe not that many, but at least 10+ times).  Of course, I would chock that up to my inexperience and experimentation of the hobby.  Funny thing, I had a Tyco Rock Island locomotive back then too.  I just remembered that.  

My wife just smiles.  I still proclaim that I'm on a quest to model the ROCK prototypically.  

Corporate deliberations are still continuing over the fate of v.1.0.  Maybe CNN will setup camp in the front yard providing live updates of the events.  LOL!  

P.S.
While the corporate psychologist was previewing tonight's blog post, she stated there have been numerous revisions to the four layouts I have constructed in the past.  The ROCK has had many additions or major changes as well!  

My response....."ohhhhhh.....I wasn't counting revisions.....that's a whole nother story."  LOL!

Sounds like this is going to be tough debate.  I cast my vote for the ROCK v.2.0!!  






No comments:

Post a Comment