Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The ROCK 3.0: Minor Expansion is a Go!

Whoa!  Rumor has it the Rock Management has decided to go with the smaller expansion project to Bureau Junction.  Management has been reported to be gathering materials as we speak.

One issue I mentioned the other night is connectors for the bus power.  I researched today and decided to go with the Anderson Powerpole PP30 connectors.  This is used in Ntrak modules.  They sell them at various stores but I found what I needed on eBay for a few dollars cheaper.  Here is a list of what you need:

Anderson Powerpole Connector Black #1327GS

Anderson Powerpole Connector Red #1327

Anderson 30A Contact #1331

Here is a link to more info on the connectors:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anderson_Powerpole

Ratcheting Crimping Tool for 16-18 Gauge Wire

Here is one online vendor you can find these materials at:
http://www.powerwerx.com/anderson-powerpoles/

Tomorrow, I believe its time for a trip to the Home Depot at lunch.

In other news, I have listed a bunch of stuff on eBay.  This evening, I painted up another Evergreen #266 C-Channel for more tabs.  I need to create more PQ2 tabs for the change in location for the sand hoppers being delivered there.  I created a few more ATSF interchange cars that will be sent down the Peoria Branch as well.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Steven,

    I think you'll be happy with the Powerpole connectors. I've been using them for awhile for Ntrak and other things and found they offer a good balance between cost, conductivity, and flexibility. Have also had good experiences order these from Powerwerx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! I think they will work fine. Powerwerx was recommended by a few sites I saw. Hopefully, I won't get screwed trying to save a few bucks on eBay.

      Delete