Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The ROCK 3.0: Various Progress Updates

I made some slight changes to the track plan.  Reviewing the operations in my head, I decided to add a crossover from Main one to Main two just west of LaSalle on the lift out section.  I also added a locomotive pocket track at LaSalle Yard.


I updated the crew instructions assuming the expansion will be complete by the next operating session.  I also added instructions for train #113 Joliet to Bureau Turn as its duties have changed drastically.

Turnouts, flex track and cork are arriving the week.  The Anderson Powerpole connectors arrived today.  

This evening, I painted the brick on the last wall section of Westclox.  I sured up the building with straight edge supports (long balsa wood strips).  I also painted all the windows black.  I'm really pleased with how this structure is coming together.  Not an exact replica by any means, but I believe anyone that has seen the building in person would instantly recognize it on the layout.  Really, that's all I'm after.


Painting the brick made a huge difference on this structure.

I noticed I will need to realign the track slightly on the left side of the structure, but I expected that.






Here are photos of the prototype I took last summer.













4 comments:

  1. That sure is going to be some big building. Should look even better once finished.
    Rod.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it! I can't wait to install the windows tonight.

      Delete
  2. Going to be a nice building. How many Walther Geo Roberts kit did it take?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I can' t remember as I have been using the kits for the Libbey-Owens Ford building as well as some other structures (mainly the windows from them). I would say, I have purchased a total of six to seven of the kits. I have some unopened though. For this building, I believe it took three.

      Delete