Saturday, June 19, 2010

Ovalix Progress 06.19.10

I'm happy to report that the ovalix is installed!  I never thought in a million years I could construct one.  They are quite taboo by many layout builders.

I originally thought that three revolutions would do the trick, but not the case.  With the over/under situation on the peninsula, I needed to be at a height of 3 to 4" above the upper level framework.  So, we ended up with four revolutions as originally designed by Larry.

I think it turned out nice.  The joints seem to be nice and smooth.  I will file down any irregularities that I find, but generally good.  It's a pretty steep run up the ovalix.

Looking forward to getting some track on it and testing it out.

1 comment:

  1. Well that just looks awesome, even up close in the full size picture.

    ReplyDelete