Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Progress Report 08.25.10

Track crews took the night off as they were called out for domestic issues for the CEO, but progress was still made earlier today by the clerical team.  Clerks worked on the tedious process of creating waybills, asset management, and fulfilling customer requirements.  I created a spreadsheet to list my industries including spot capacity, commodity shipped/received, required car pool, and desired frequency.  I then compiled a list of all my cars including the car pool type, reporting marks, etc.  I then began matching up industries with the requested car pools to create 4-cycle waybills.  I have them all created except for the grain covered hoppers.  I will work on that tomorrow.  Regarding the waybills, I only have a generic "off layout" set currently.  Tomorrow, I will review each waybill and assign a routing for the car to depart and enter the layout. 

This was a big step toward the operational goal in November.  I'll be glad to get this part over.  I'm anxious to move forward and start scenery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment