Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Progress Report 11.16.10 - T Minus 4 Days

Worked on the layout this morning cleaning the track thoroughly from the Mississippi River up to West Joliet.  I also marked all held cars at industries for loading/unloading with paper clips.

This evening, I cleaned the track from Joliet to Chicago.  I still have Davenport Yard and West Davenport to complete.

I test ran some equipment the length of the layout and back.  All seemed to run well once the track was clean. I utilized two of my lovely assistants Elizabeth and Sarah to help test the equipment.  They are already qualified as junior operators.  I had the locomotive speed set pretty high to give them a good workout.  When I handed the throttle over to Elizabeth she slowed it down to prototypical speeds looked at me and smiled.  Sarah has the ability to stop a locomotive at the exact point where it needs to be.  Both exercised a lot of control in operating.  Daddy was so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment