Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Progress Report 12.21.10

Progress has been rather slow as I have had other things to occupy my time.

Tonight, I worked on the very troublesome crossover and turnout for track 3/4 in West Davenport staging.  Upon a detailed inspection, the trucks would pick the turnouts.  Filed down the points and bent the guide rail for better clearance on the straight route.  Later tests saw a significant improvement in performance.  Hopefully this will resolve the issues.  I hate when things don't work properly.

Made up car cards for the new cars recently acquired.  I need to work on waybills too, but haven't had much free time to work on those.

The first Atlas coalveyors arrived today.  Awesome equipment.  Looking forward to running my first unit coal train on the layout!

My visions of a Limestone plant in Stockdale (inside the ovalix) are developing.  I have performed much of my field research.  Now it is time to locate some steals n deals on the building kit and rolling stock.

I hope to work on constructing some building kits while on Christmas break. 

From the crew on the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad, wishing all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have the appropriate sound effects for the first running of the coooooooooooooooooooooooooooal train.

    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x48f04_soul-train-intro-1982_music

    ReplyDelete