Thursday, February 10, 2011

Progress Report 02.10.11

Crews worked on the Davenport yard ladder slide switches this evening.  Many of the slide switches had a solid throw in one direction, but not the other..  The turnout points would float underneath the cars as they rolled by.  I adjusted all and replaced a few that had broken during previous adjustments.  All turnouts make a good solid connection no matter which direction thrown.  Testing proved that the crews' efforts were successful.

Installed the three remaining slide switches are Carrie Ave Shops. 

I will test more in the morning.  If all is well, I believe this wraps up majority of the projects before the pending op session.  Oh, I do have to drop some feeders on the N&W Meredosia Branch.  That will be quick though. 

Now, time for a major cleaning and organization of the room.  I will be working on that this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment