Monday, May 9, 2011

Progress Report 05.09.11

This evening, I finished consisting locomotives.  The one troublesome GP40 was bad ordered and sent to Carrie Ave Shops for repair.  It is not expected to make an appearance during the op session.  My old dependable set of N&W RS11s will be utilized for run-through power.

I applied another coat of glue to the wood chip piles in Joliet.  They were a little softer than I preferred.

Cleaned all the lower level track minus West Davenport Yard.  I will try to clean that tomorrow morning before work.  The track was super dirty.

Constructed the Walthers Clarkesville Depot kit.  It still needs to be painted and some details added, but that is about par for all of my structures currently.  I'm more into creating the ambiance of the buildings and general scenery now.  We will detail later.  The kit was originally slated for Blue Island, but the platform is too large for that area.  The new kit was placed in Davenport instead with that kit moving to Blue Island.  The botched Leeton Depot kit (painting project that went bad) was relocated to Rock Island.  All towns now have some sort of station representing.

On the test N&W Peoria Branch, a switch was added along with a second track.  During the session the first N&W Peoria Local will operate from Peoria to Davenport, swap a cut of cars and return. 

Tonight on my way home from south Charlotte, we stopped by to visit my dad's grave.  It's hard to believe that this August will be two years.  I miss him a lot.  In honor of him, I started construction on the Daniel Grain Co. that is slated for Hull, IL on the CNW Branch. The kit is by American Model Builders and went together really well.  This kit will always serve as a reminder of my dad.  :-)

I also brought up the bucket of sand blasting sand that I brought home from IL back at Christmas.  I'm curious to see if this will work for ballast.  That will be tested after the op session though.

5 days until we operate.  I can't wait.  The pre-op session excitement is off the charts.  Looking forward to operating with great friends Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment