Tuesday, August 30, 2011

RITS...a Wealth of Information

I must say I'm so pleased with my decision to join the Rock Island Technical Society (RITS).  I have enjoyed reading the human interest stories from crew members and people close to the Rock Island.  My latest source of information received has been greatly appreciated!  This past weekend, I received a link to The Rock Island System Freight Train Schedule and Blocking Instructions (1972).  It provides a complete list of scheduled freight trains and locals for the entire system.  Also, valuable blocking information was obtained.  After I have time to digest this information, I expect some changes on the ROCK.  Preliminary thoughts include assigning prototypical train numbers to my Extra Freight East/West and Pig trains.  I might consider some blocking changes. 

Below is a link to the 1972 guide.  I've nearly completed re-typing the information into a more friendly format in particular highlighting train information related to movements on my modeled portion of the ROCK. 
http://www.rits.org/www/histories/freight_schedule72/Instructions.html



No comments:

Post a Comment