Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Progress Report 09.27.11

I'm very happy to report that I was able to successfully install three very troublesome slide switches in Peoria.  There were in a tight spot next to the wall causing it to be extremely difficult.  I felt good tonight and decided to tackle it.

Repaired a known troublesome floating slide switch in West Davenport Yard.  Tightened it up so it makes a good solid throw in each direction.  I have one more slide switch to install in West Davenport and then I'm done.  At least I think I am.  I need to take a trip around the railroad to make sure there are no other stragglers that were never installed, but I'm pretty sure they are complete but the one.

Consulted with the Foreman at Peconic Shops tonight regarding my U30C fire.  We feel we have identified the problem yesterday and have a plan to correct the issue for the next install.  The decoder went off to TCS today for repair/replacement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment