Sunday, October 2, 2011

Progress Report 10.02.11

I've been fighting a sinus infection, but even so I was able to make a little bit of progress off and on through out the day.

The original spur track for S. Lucas & Sons Steel was too sharp of a radius for a locomotive and most cars to enter the industry.  A crossing was obtained so that I could reconfigure the industry track layout.  Below is a photo of the change.


Pulled an entire train from staging and began weathering freight cars using Doc O'Brien's weathering powders.  It makes such a big difference when you dirty up a car (even just a little bit).  I managed to get three cars complete so far.  My goal is to take one train per week out of staging and work on the cars.  This is a good project to work on while watching tv in the evening.  I just keep everything on an old cookie sheet applying the powders with various old paint brushes.  Here are photos of the progress so far.










This evening while the girls were playing upstairs, I managed to complete the rough pavement for S.W. Washington St. in Peoria.  The road runs along the mainline through town.

No comments:

Post a Comment