Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Progress Report 10.19.11

This morning, I completed the fire escape ladder and platforms on the Johnson Milling Co. kit.  I failed to mention I had a chance to use my $20 (yard sale find) Black & Decker dremel tool last night in construction.  The tool plus a jumbo kit of accessories for $10 is already coming in handy. 

I also started construction on the Blair Line Leeton Depot laser kit.  This kit will serve as the Rock Island station.  It is also my last passenger station to be constructed.

Here's a photo of the unpainted structure.



Yesterday, I laid down some ballast in a short test section on the Clinton Iowa branch.  The results were well received by management.  It is rumored a ballast train might be ordered soon for delivery to the ROCK.  I have only attempted to lay ballast once prior on a HO layout.  That didn't go well, but that was a long time ago.  I believe my skillset has improved greatly since then so I'm looking forward to the new challenge of scenery!



No comments:

Post a Comment