Friday, January 6, 2012

Progress Report 01.06.12

Management is excited to see crews return to work after a long Christmas break.  Crews started back up in Blue Island.  Reviewing the new plans that were drafted shortly before crews went on break, the placement of track began.  The track alignment in this area is pretty complex.  It took a while just to cut the pieces to test fit before gluing.  It took over an hour to lay about 20" of mainline and siding plus the turnouts for the industrial spurs. 

I believe the worst is behind me.  The remaining track alignment is pretty straight forward so it shouldn't take as long to complete.  I'll be excited to run another train through the new Blue Island. 

It has been about three weeks since I worked on the layout.  I was starting to have withdrawals. 


.

No comments:

Post a Comment