Thursday, January 26, 2012

Scenery & Testing

Progress reports have been few and far between lately.  I have been working tirelessly in the train room to have it completely cleaned up and fully organized.  That was a feat in itself.

Took a key hole saw to the scenery across the tracks from Franklin Farms.  This area needs to be leveled out some and raised up to make fields for the cow and horses to roam free.  I plan on rebuilding the scenery using extruded styrofoam as recently learned in Railroad Modeling University (RMU).

It dawned on me last night that I hadn't tested the layout since completing construction in Blue Island.  Last time I installed an Atlas crossing it shorted out the entire railroad due to a factory defect.  Fired up the system to find no shorts.  Tested a locomotive down each new track.  All seems good even though I haven't added new feeders.  All is good.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment