Friday, February 10, 2012

Progress Report 02.10.12

I didn't have as much time this morning as I usually do as the family was running a little late getting out the door.  I did manage to cut a grade separation between the Joliet Grain elevator and the mainline.  Joliet Grain is located on a grade between Joliet and Stockdale.  The elevator itself was also on a grade.  Therefore, any cars spotted at the elevator would roll down hill unless a push pin was used.  With the grade separation complete, now the elevator and spur are level

This evening I added more hills and landscape to Rock Island, added the plowed field at Franklin Farms and added landscape between the spur and main at Joliet Grain Company.

No pictures as they just don't turn out well (too much white).  I will take photos when I get some contrasting colors.

Industry Change:
Midwest Paper Stock Co. is now Federal Paper Board.  Although in reality, this industry was located in Marseilles, IL, I will keep it at its present location in Joliet on the layout.  Federal Paper Board manufacturers printed boxes for Nabisco plants across the United States.

More changes are expected in the near future as research continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment