Sunday, February 12, 2012

Progress Report 02.12.12

This morning, I glued and shaped the extruded styrofoam cut yesterday.  The glued sections have not been permanently affixed to the layout yet as one section is the bluff that the track tunnels through before heading across the Mississippi River.

Later in the morning, with the help of my daughter Elizabeth, we painted the rail and ties roof brown.

This evening, following some tips provided by my friend Marcus, I gave it a whirl attempting ballasting track for the first time.  I believe it turned out well, but won't know for sure until tomorrow morning after it dries thoroughly.  It is a short section through the tunnel that was ballasted.  If all ok, we will add the tunnel portal and lining (black poster board) tomorrow and build the bluff around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment