Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Here's Your Sign!

This morning, I decided to dig out the Blair Line signs I had picked up on eBay a long time ago.  I have been wanting to install these since the first roads were made.  Drilled the holes for all the sign posts to get an idea of what signs I need to cut out.  Just seeing the sign posts up was exciting.  Something so simple adds a lot to the layout.

Since my first area of focus was in Joliet, I remembered that I needed to add sidewalks on the road by the Federal Paper Board plant.  Went ahead and installed those this morning.

I cut out over 20 signs on my lunch break.  We did have an issue which I will elaborate on a follow-up post.

This evening, I installed the signs on the layout.  WOW!  I'm loving it!



Painted a few remaining spots of fascia, touched up the paint.

Repaired two sick locomotives to have them in service this next session.

Hmm...what else can I work on before Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment