Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Progress Report 03.06.12

This morning before work, I added dry wall compound to the styrofoam in Rock Island.  This was cut previously when we had our OSHA incident, but was never completed.

Added some bird shot weight to a few Atlas Rock Island 2-Bay covered hoppers that will be used in silica service.

I decided to turn on the system to ensure everything was kosher.  My biggest fear is doing a lot of work on the layout and forgetting to test the system for shorts.  There was a short this morning.  I figured it was one of the tools on the layout.  Removed all of them (there was quite a few).  Short resolved.  Thank goodness!

I found signs that our cat has been up on the second level of the layout.  The culprit, a white furr ball acting as tumbleweed across the plowed fields of Ottawa.  We will have to remedy that situation.

This evening, I worked on designing and constructing the new industries in Blue Island.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment