Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Progress Report 04.04.12

Last night, I worked on an Atlas U25B (older model) and Kato U30C.  Both are performing erratically.  It is like they have momentum turned on, but it isn't.  The Kato U30C will continue to go after I turn down the throttle.  It only stops when I turn down the throttle again.  I have reset both decoders, but nothing seems to help.

For the past two days I have been reviewing the Blue Island switching district.  I had actually began to review it before the op session but didn't have time to do anything about it.  The area between Illinois Fruit & Supply and D&D News was a hot mess with the diamonds.  Cars didn't roll well in the area either causing derailments.  So, this morning, I ripped up the tracks in the area.  The spur coming off Main 2 now extends straight back to the corner.  A turnout was added to spot ink/chemical cars for D&D News in the rear of the building.  The former tracks to Illinois Fruit & Supply (packaging material unloading ~ the fruit unloading spur is still intact) and Oberholtzer & Sons have been removed.  Those industry spots will simply be sacrificed.  I still have a total of 22 spots in Blue Island so I'm confident we will keep any crew busy.

I have been reviewing Ottawa for the site of the new Libbey-Owens-Ford plant, but haven't come up with a good plan yet.

No others changes are planned as I'm very pleased with the layout.

Reviewing cars that were spotted by all the locals, I noticed Marcus was overwhelmed with traffic to deliver.  On numerous occasions, he had more cars than spots available.  I used my spreadsheet calculator, but evidently when staging the traffic I screwed up allowing cars to arrive before the local went out adding to the day's deliveries.  Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment