Friday, June 15, 2012

Keeping it Real

I read an interesting post off the Yahoo OP Sig group this past week.  To summarize, when operating under Timetable & Train Orders (TT&TO) before the days of radio, local crews would stop at the local depot upon arriving in town.  They would be able to get an update from the station agent on the status of scheduled trains as well as any extras out on the line.  The station agent would also be able to inform them of any work required at the local industries. In the past, I had simply pulled into town and started working.  It won't be a requirement for my crews, but I like this idea and plan to implement it personally when operating.  I will mention it in future sessions.  It's not a race.  Let's go out there and work safe!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment