Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Progress Report 07.25.12

This evening, I felt better (not 100%, but better).  Although, my wife stated I had red bags under my eyes.  Nevertheless, I came home and worked on the layout.

I installed more fascia finishing all but two short sections on the lower level (in the back corner).  I have the corner and the top level along the backyard wall that needs to be completed.  That should be fairly easy, but I need to save that for another day.  I have more pressing items to tackle.

I cut and installed all of the DCC throttle jacks in the new section.

I then began the massive clean-up.  I worked my butt off cleaning the room and not at a leisurely pace.  I was cleaning at a high rate of speed.  I'm wore slap out!  I'm happy to report the room is 98% clean.  I simply need to run the vacuum one more time over the entire room and it is complete.  Wow!  I'm beat!

Project update
1) complete benchwork for the Peoria branch
2) drill holes for the bus wire
3) run the bus wire
4) cut and re-install the workbench desk
5) clean off items stored on layout during construction

6) clean up the room
7) test NCE system to ensure no shorts before commencing trackwork
8) start laying cork roadbed and track.
9) drop solder feeders
10) install slide switches
11) install car card boxes

12) run wire and install throttle jacks
13) install fascia board (majority complete - put off for another day)
14) paint fascia board
15) introduce new and remove obsolete waybills
16) re-stage layout (majority is re-staged, but need to integrate the new industries and place cars in the new Ottawa yard, LaSalle and Bureau storage tracks).

17) schedule next op session!




.

No comments:

Post a Comment