Thursday, September 27, 2012

Op Session Countdown 09.27.12

No work on the layout today.  Simply test running some locomotives.  I drafted help from my two daughters for this job.  Sarah exercises great throttle control.  Elizabeth on the other hand....whiplash city.  It's either all or nothing!  Maybe she has been observing her father drive too much.

Elizabeth took the throttle for the Peoria Rocket.  I explained to her she needed to stop at all the stations.  I railfanned along the line salivating at the site of the train as it rolled through the scenery.  She stopped at the first station.  She said "ok people!  Time to get off!  You have two minutes to get off now!"  LOL!  I then asked what does the conductor say when it's time to leave?  I'm given a shoulder shrug from my daughter.  He says "Alllllll aboard!"  She smiled "ON BOARD!!!!"  No, All Aboard. "ONNNN BOARD!"   ok, that's great!  Notch 8 and here we go.  She comes screaming into the next station nearly skidding to a stop.  "OFF BOARD!!!"  It's great to run prototypical with friends, but nothing is more fun then running trains with your kids yelling "ON BOARD" and driving it like you stole it.  LOL!  Good times!


1 comment:

  1. Let me know the first time one of them says "On board, buckle up, hold on & shut up!"

    ReplyDelete