Thursday, September 13, 2012

Progress Report 09.13.12

This evening I worked on a couple various projects.  The first being a modification of the Westclox building.  My wife Carrie made mention the other night that it could be an issue reaching around the building to work Utica when the roof was in place.  I thought about that today and re-assessed the situation this evening.  She was correct.  The roofline would have been too high on the section that was four stories tall.  I cut off that section.  The building profile more closer fits the prototype now.  So, it served two purposes.  Thanks Carrie for bringing that to my attention.

The revised Westclox factory in LaSalle, IL


I then worked on sanding down the roads for painting.  I finally located my sanding block.  That greatly improved the process creating a nice flat surface for the roads.  Sanded and painted the final finish on a road in Ottawa, roads in Bureau Junction, and roads in Peoria.  I also worked on the first pass on the roads in LaSalle.

The Village of Bureau Junction

Downtown Bureau Junction

Peoria, Illinois

The Peoria Rocket sitting at the station in Peoria, IL

Train #90 Peoria to Chicago pulling by the station

My Aunt Carol's house in Peoria, IL


The view from Aunt Carol's house


The road leading to the station in Ottawa


Road up to the engine service tracks in Ottawa




Gathered up some dynamite and blasted out the quarry for Belrose Silica.


This photo looks like the sun is setting on the ROCK.


Updated and printed the train order registers for each station.




No comments:

Post a Comment