Friday, December 14, 2012

Silvis Morning Report

I was giving the layout the once over this evening.  In, reviewing the situation at Kelly Yard in Silvis, it dawned on me that it would be helpful to the yardmaster if he had a report listing inbound motive power, service and maintenance required, plus the outbound train assignment (if any).  This would arm him with the required knowledge to power an extra train if required.  I threw together a quick report which will most likely be modified over time.  Feel free to post comments or suggestions below.

As I reviewed the newly created report, I remember back to the days of Conrail at Conway Yard just west of Pittsburgh.  One of the employees would create a "Joe Jack" report.  He would leave copies in the mailbox on the bridge over the east throat of the yard.  I remember railfanning with my friend Steve G.  That was our first stop in the morning to see what was coming for the day.

So, there you have it....the Joe Jack (of the RI) report.



No comments:

Post a Comment