Sunday, January 20, 2013

Progress Report 01.20.13 - The Great Clean up

Good gosh!  I hate having to clean up the layout room!  It's such a chore!  Modelers need a contract service for this task.

It took a couple of hours, but I managed to get the room cleaned up and vacuumed.

Regarding progress, I planted all the JTT trees I had, removed all the Woodland Scenics trees (they will be sold on eBay), glued the ballast from Franklin Farms up to the bridge at East Rock Island.  I also glued all the trees and brush installed yesterday.

Here are pics of the factory produced forestation.  They JTT trees and homemade trees mesh well together.

This evening, I cleaned up all the mainline and sidings for the length of the railroad.  I'm not concerned about all the industrial track for the video.  I'm surprised I was able to clean the room and clean the track tonight.  Not bad!  I'm ahead of schedule now.

Bureau Junction is looking good!


Bureau Junction

Park along Hennepin Canal at Bureau Junction


Rock Island, IL




I added a few more trees in Moline, IL

Rock Island, IL


Trains staged for video - #217 Ottawa Local pulling a cut of sand from Ottawa Silica.

#113 Joliet local stopping at the station to pick up orders.

#43 Chicago to Council Bluffs sitting in the hole at Rock Island.

An overview of the recently forested Bureau Junction.

Extra Grain East to Chicago departing West Kelly Yard.

Scenic Express Super Trees.  I still have a lot of trees to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment