Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Progress Report 01.22.13 - Gluing Ballast + Belrose Silica Construction

This morning, I glued down the ballast from West Joliet to the bridge before Ottawa, IL.  It's looking good!

Rummaged around in the boxes under the layout looking for a building kit.  I replaced the structure at Rock Island Fuel with another building I had from a oil distribution facility.

I ran a test grain train from West Kelly Yard up to LaSalle before having to tie it down due to leaving for work.

This evening, I completed the test train up to Chicago and returned to West Kelly Yard.  All appears to be working well.

Constructed the conveyor belt system from the quarry over to the main Belrose Silica plant.  Sand is extracted from the quarry and then pumped up to the building via hose.  The sand undergoes initial processing before traveling via conveyor over to the main Belrose Silica plant.  I looked at photos of the Ottawa Silica plant from Bing Maps.  This is what I scratchbuilt tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment