Thursday, February 28, 2013

Progress Report 02.28.13 - Part II - The Ottawa Rip Track

Just when you think you're finished working on the layout, I end up doing more.  I have been warned about sending reports out to early.

So, Carrie Ave Shops worked some overtime tonight.  I installed a pair of Micro Trains 1015 couplers on one of the Bachmann locomotives.  One down, about 14 more to go.  The first coupler was a booger, but the second went much faster after I knew what I was doing.

I attempted to install a pair of 1015s on the body mounted coupler boxes on an Athearn ACF 2-Bay covered hopper. No such luck.  I will have to file off the coupler box and glue the Micro Trains box to the car.  Those cars will definitely be sent to the RIP track / Carrie Ave Shops.

I ballasted the area for the Ottawa RIP track, added an office, two storage sheds (wrecked 40' box cars) and a few bushes around the perimeter.  I think it will work just fine.








Well, that's all for this evening.......I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment