Monday, April 29, 2013

Pre-Op Session Report 04.29.13 - Bing Updates their Maps

I completed cleaning the track and positioning locomotives for their assignments yesterday and today.  Other than test running the locomotives, I believe we are good for the op session on Saturday.  Oh, I should probably clean up the workbench.  It's a hot mess.

I have been working on creating some scale drawings of the Ottawa Silica Plant.  I'm curious to see just how big this plant would be in N scale.  I managed to calculate the dimensions of the building by using a covered hopper as a reference.  Once I calculated my scale, I was able to measure the other buildings from the Bing Maps.

Speaking of such, I noticed Bing updated their maps of the Ottawa Silica and LOF plants.  That probably explains why is was so incredibly slow the other day.  Now, I have maps in HD!  Yes!!  I'm unsure when the last map was made, but the plant has made quite a few additions since then.  Pretty interesting to see.  I have to review current day photos and reference back to articles and drawings from the late 70s, early 80s to figure out what I would actually need to model.


I'm still contemplating a ROCK v2.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment