Monday, June 10, 2013

The Rock 1.0 - Removal of Fascia

This evening, I worked with my little helper Sarah (i.e. Wreck-it Ralph), on destruction of version 1.0.  I removed one piece of fascia.  It pulled off pretty easy with no tools.  I had used 1" finishing nails to install originally.  I then commenced in removing all the fascia for the entire layout.  It went really fast.  Sarah worked on gathering up trees, bushes, signs, fencing, etc.  She has been a big help.  I failed to mentioned yesterday, I was training Sarah on how to use the drill.  She may be young, but she can learn.  She was using the mentality of all or nothing with the trigger.  I taught her to use control and ease the screws out of the fascia.  She has done really well with it.

I also removed some track from West Ottawa this evening.

Here are some photos of the carnage...

The preserved fascia boards after removal.

The graffiti has once again been exposed.





2 comments:

  1. Sad sight, but yet, the last picture is fitting!
    The sign of things to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's bittersweet taking the layout down. The layout was pretty awesome, but looking to move forward to a new layout that will be just as nice and hopefully better.

      Delete