Thursday, July 18, 2013

The ROCK 2.0 - The Bridge

Today at lunch, I was thinking about the bridge I plan on constructing for the layout.  I constructed a bridge for my wife's grandfather about 10 years ago out of balsa wood to commemorate his days of being a bridge painter for the Norfolk & Western Railway.  So, my plan is to construct another bridge for 2.0.  Here's one design I'm thinking about...


Here's a pic of the bridge I made for my wife's Grandpa Eulice.  



In other news, I picked up a cheap airbrush tonight.  The reviews were pretty good considering it was very low cost.  I figure if anything it will be a good one to learn on.  I'm excited to try airbrushing.  It is definitely an art I have desired to learn for some time!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve,

    Yes, airbrushing is one of those things will take your projects to a new level. About 20 years ago I started with a bargain setup ordered from a catalog but was never quite satisfied with the results. Then picked up a Paasche setup from my local hobby shop and am still using it.

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure I will upgrade as I knew there are many better quality airbrushes out there, but I didn't want to learn (and potentially screw up) a $100-150 brush. :-) I'm looking forward to trying it out.

      Delete