Saturday, September 14, 2013

ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 09.14.13

Earlier in the week, I was hoping to work on the layout today to make some serious progress.  Reality served up a different plan.  Although, I'm happy to report that I was able to do a lot in an extremely short period of time.  I was on the run most of the day helping my brother out, attending a 4 hour long birthday party for my daughter's friend (that was painful), but I had a few short 20-30 minute breaks.

I took this time to cut the OSB table top for the open grid benchwork.  I have all the pieces cut except for one 18" by 7.5' section.  Hopefully, I can get the last section cut tomorrow.

I'm not installing them yet, as I need to cut out sections for the creek and any other scenery features I choose to highlight.   I will need to lay out the track first before I can do that.

I did spend some time with my wife discussing options for the room including lighting, placing of frame railroad photos/artwork, placement and design of the family craft table/workbench and displaying various railroad memorabilia.  I believe we have a great plan.

Immediate Future Goals:

  • Complete OSB table top
  • Pre-drill holes in open frame benchwork for bus wires and loconet cable
  • Identify and cut the openings for the DCC throttle jacks
  • Clean the room and start placing wire shelves under the layout for storage.
If I could finish this all up within the next week, I would be very happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment