Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 10.02.13

Sorry, I haven't written in a week or so.  I traveled up to Illinois/Missouri for a family wedding.  While driving, I had plenty of time to ponder operations and my wish list for the layout.

As mentioned before, I will have operating crossing gates at two road crossings on the layout: Mill St (Utica) and Ottawa Ave (Ottawa).  I will also have operating signals on the layout governing the crossovers in Utica and interlocking with the CB&Q in East Ottawa.  I have been researching six or seven circuit/control manufacturers.  So far, I'm leaning toward Azatrax.  They seem to have the best support (which a novice like me will need) and quality.  I'm still in the process of researching all this though.

In other news, my initial order of custom built "Fast Tracks" turnouts are expected to ship any day now.  I'm so excited!  I'm ready to start laying track!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steven,

    I've also been looking at Azatrax detection products after a friend told me about them to use for signals, gate crossings, or anything else. Looking forward to seeing how your experience with that goes. Actually, learning a lot from your postings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brad! I'm hoping it goes well. I should have taken that electronics class offered in high school. I would probably have done better with this stuff.

      Delete