Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 10.08.13

This morning, I broke out my tub of plaster and filled in the creek under Ottawa Yard and the Sand pit at Ottawa Silica.  It's looking good!


The creek bed under Ottawa Yard



The sand pit at Ottawa Silica

This evening, I remembered seeing various large front wheel loaders and dump trucks when reviewing the Bing Maps of the sand pits in Utica and Ottawa.  Hmm...  So, when I got home, I went rummaging through my collection of Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars.  You know, I think these construction vehicles would be perfect for big mining equipment at the mines.  I dug out some bulkhead flat cars that I had and started sizing up a load.  The bulldozer I found was pretty big.  Well, you know, the railroad would remove the wheels and blade and ship separately.  I found my nippers and started working on the bulldozer.  I came up with a three car load from the Caterpillar plant in Peoria to the mines on my railroad.  Check it out...








2 comments:

  1. Steve, love the load!!!. Those vehicles will really set the scene off. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete