Thursday, October 31, 2013

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 10.30.13

I worked on the layout this evening, placing the gantlet track in position.  I cut and shaped the other trackage around it which includes the through track as well as a short run-around track.  I installed the ground throws for all the turnouts as well as the gantlet track.  I believe it will work out well.

I also shaped the two tracks that will serve as the loading area for bagged sand.

When placing those, I wondered what it would look like with the overhead conveyor.  So, I made a mock-up to check it out.  It looks great!  I'm getting excited!

I also dug around in my storage drawers to find the wire utility flags I purchased for cheap at Lowe's.  I cut off the flag and bent the metal pole into position.  This will serve as the overhead piping from the sand pit up to the drying building.  This runs over the roadway and some of the tracks to access the plant.

I can't wait to start constructing the buildings and scenery!  This is going to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment