Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 11.05.13

This evening when I got home, I worked on cutting and shaping the parts for the Ottawa "West" Yard scale.  Hopefully some other night this week, I will be able to construct the scale track.  Maybe lightning will strike twice and I'll create another one (that actually works).

So, off and on, I have been working on creating the paperwork for the first op session.  A little premature I know, but I'm ready to operate!  Tonight, I was wondering just how many sand hoppers would fit at Ottawa Silica and Libbey-Owens-Ford (LOF).  Ottawa Silica has four tracks with a capacity of 52 sand hoppers!  This doesn't include the 8 box car loading spots or handful of other cars.  Wow!  That's a lot of sand!  LOF can hold 10 sand hoppers.  Belrose Silica and PQ is yet to be determined (until I lay the track).  The total potential spots to be switched on the Ottawa local is 85!!  WOW!  You gotta love N scale!

I estimate the layout will have a total of 130 spots or so.  If memory serves me correctly...  Oh why am I guessing....let's do a search on the blog.  Holy smokes!  The last revision of 1.0 had a total of 122 spots.  This new layout has more spots but in a heck of a lot less space!  Wow!


No comments:

Post a Comment