Monday, December 2, 2013

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 12.02.13

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving weekend.  I wasn't very productive on the layout over the weekend.  I had a lot of great family time which was very nice.

Today, I received the third batch of turnouts.  This evening, I worked on cutting and shaping the two turnouts mainline and industrial track surrounding Westclox.  This is a prominent scene on the layout and I was very particular on laying the track for this.  It took a long time just to shape and cut the track.

Next, filled in the area between the industrial spur and mainline with plaster.  I created a gentle slope down to the center between the tracks.  I also did some landscaping work between Westclox and Mill Street (just past the crossover).

Tomorrow, hopefully, I will be able to glue and install the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment