Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 03.05.14

This evening, I added six or so cars to the layout that arrived from Nebraska.  All had various things upgraded on them: low-profile wheels, weight added, trucks replaced where required.  The layout is completely staged now.

I repaired seven turnouts with broken points.    They are all working (for now).

I dropped feeders for the Libbey-Owens-Ford (LOF) flat glass loading tracks.  I forgot I glued these tracks down late due to adding the blue flags and failed to add feeders.  I realized this when testing the turnouts this evening.

I'm considering adding a highway crossing at the west end of Ottawa Yard.  There was a US Highway that crossed back in the day further down.  I believe it was gone by the late 60s though.  I don't know for sure.  I thought it would provide for a good scene block between the yard and Philadelphia Quartz (PQ) in Utica on the other side.

Here are photos of the region.  Thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment