Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The ROCK 3.0: Solo Op Notes - Part Two

This evening, I rolled out of Ottawa with a 25-car local (9 cars short of the local Marcus and Jeff engineered at the last op session).  Pulling up to the Ottawa Ave road crossing, I quickly realize I don't pay my employees enough.  Wow!  I shoved my 40' box cars on the track behind the main mill and went ahead and switched out the gons of frac sand.

I realized that I'm already blocking the Ottawa Ave crossing for some time.  If my evil twin was present, he would be lining up cars at the road crossing anticipating the arrival of the local sheriff to cite us.  By the way, I can sit there at that crossing all day long and watch those gates go up and down.  I love it!  Back to operating... I realize I need to pull ahead and give time for the traffic to clear out.

About the time I'm starting to get a handle on things, I hear the CB&Q come over the radio stating they are entering the plant.  I run around my cut of sand hoppers and then shove down to the end of the track at LOF to make room for the CB&Q crew to work.  This will give me a chance to review my paperwork and formulate a plan.  It looks like I already have a few cars that were rejected by the plant that will have to be switched out.

I stopped there for the night.  This is a fun local to run.  It's very challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment