Sunday, May 11, 2014

The ROCK 3.0: Weekend Progress 05.10 - 05.11.14

Not much progress this weekend.  Saturday, I spent all day operating at my friend Marcus' Charleston, Roanoke and Eastern Railroad layout.  Saturday night, I added a few cross braces on the oil platform.


I surveyed the area where I plan on adding a crossover from Track 5 to Track 4.  The way my yard is setup due to space restrictions, only Track 5 (A/D) track had access to the Ottawa Silica/LOF lead track.  When that local is long departing the yard, the rear of the train would be hanging out on the mainline.  Adding the crossover will allow the local to double back on Track 4 to pick up it's outbound cars on two tracks.  


I need to survey the route of the throw rod from the Caboose Industries ground throw.  It will have to run under the existing tracks to throw the turnout.  

Thanks to Greg in Texas for constructing the pair of turnouts for me.  It's greatly appreciated!  


2 comments:

  1. My pleasure Steven, they look like they belong there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! They are a perfect fit. I just need to cut out the rail and route the Ground Throw bar underneath the other tracks. Thanks again!

      Delete