Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 08.13.14

Worked on a few things tonight.  I repaired two turnouts.  One had a broken point.  The other point was repaired previously, but sitting up a little high.  Cars rolled across it ok without derailing, but it bothered me.  I repaired it lowing the point rail.  It's all good now.

I found my Xuron Rail Cutters that I misplaced months ago.  It was in a building kit box I was going to work on months ago, but stopped.  Go figure.  Now, I have two pairs.

I'm considering adding a bridge to the west of the Peru Power Plant.  It makes me think of the Highway 251 Bridge that I snapped some photos under back in July.

Here's a stand-in bridge for Hwy 251.  I would try to recreate the actual highway bridge.

Looking East toward Westclox

Westclox and the West Utica Signal Bridge.

An overview of the area.

This evening, my daughter and I worked on constructing the Tomix Substation kit for Peru Power.  It's a Japanese model which was pretty easy to assemble.  I was surprised when my daughter took an interest in helping assemble it.  She learned how to cut the parts off the sprues and trim them up with the Xuron cutters.  She also helped glue the parts in position.  The directions were in Japanese, but we worked off the photos to assemble.  My daughter said this is just like building her Lego kits.  The model is small and unassuming, but I will always remember the night that my daughter helped me construct the kit.  Maybe she will take an interest in model railroading when she is older.  Good times!  





No comments:

Post a Comment