Friday, August 29, 2014

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 08.28.14

This evening, I began working on gathering cars up for staging the layout.  Looking over the new operation plan, I'm quite pleased.  This next op session should be a great one!  There are many changes since the first op session:


  • Tab-on-Car - I'm trying a new car routing method that will be paperless.  I'm curious to see how it will go.  
  • LaSalle Staging Yard - I added a drop leaf staging yard that will allow me to run more trains during a session.  The crew will have to dodge many more trains out on the mainline which should keep them on their toes.
  • Sand Job Changes - The crew will now start at Ottawa Yard, pull empties and weigh first, drop at the yard, then deliver the loads for all the customers. I will try running this local with one person this time as there is no paperwork to keep up with.
  • Utica Job Changes - Train will originate from LaSalle Yard to reduce congestion at Ottawa Yard.
  • Ottawa Yard Changes - The crew will now be busy throughout the day.
    • Filling empty car requests from the sand plant.
    • Classifying cars from the Joliet Turn that arrived during the night.
    • Working inbound Bureau Switcher (BUSW) and Soo Line Turn.
  • Passenger Service Returns - The Peoria Rocket will be seen traveling across the rails this session.

Speaking of donuts, I have set a date.  We will operate again on September, 27th.

In other news, I gathered up the telephone poles to paint tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment