Saturday, August 2, 2014

The ROCK 3.0: Temporary Staging Yard

Well, it appears my plan will work for the temporary staging yard.  I need to add some side rails for safety (of the rolling stock) and to prevent warping.  I also need to create a leg that will lock into place.  My wife suggested creating some way so it won't accidentally be kicked out creating a catastrophe in the yard.  Here are pics of it currently.

The 6" x 48" Staging yard in the lowered storage position.

The staging yard lifted into position with a temporary leg for now.

This will add about 6ft of track length when taking into account the mainline realignment behind Peru Power.

So, I'll block the pathway to our bedroom during the op session, but not to the stairs which the family and operators need to access during sessions.

A simple 4" hinge mounted to the end of the layout.

Folds up nice and neat.  I'm happy!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like it should work quite nicely!
    Extra room, extra track and pleased family = happiness!

    ReplyDelete