Sunday, September 7, 2014

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 09.07.14

Today, I'm very excited to get around to working on weathering Ottawa Avenue.  I reviewed numerous techniques.  I'm grateful for my friend Ben Earp's weathering video which was very informative.


I used a black and white Doc O'Briens Weathering Powders.  I drew the cracks on the road with a ultra fine tip black permanent marker.

I'm not the best at this, but I'm really pleased with the results.  I added some people and a road construction scene at the request of the girls.

Ottawa Avenue painted, but not weathered.

Another view before weathering.

The roads are weathered now and cracks added.


I created a pot hole by the L-O-F shop entrance.



I added a Woodland Scenics Construction scene.

Road closure ahead.


You can see the roads are darker now than before.  I had a hard time just weathering the center of the road to look like oil drops.

An overall view looking north toward Ottawa Silica.

A rare view looking west on Ottawa Avenue across the tracks.




Traffic is clear to go across now.

No comments:

Post a Comment