Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 09.09.14

Not feeling the best tonight (dental issues) and working with my daughter on her homework prevented me from continuing static grass tonight.  I did find enough time (five minutes or so) to construct the chain link fence (from the former gas company on v1.0) around the water tower at South Ottawa Silica.

I really like this scene.  It will look better when I paint out that big brown blob on the backdrop.  




I painted this tonight.  I need to weather it down a little more with powders.

This will look great when I finish the static grass around the fenced in area.

I have put my friends on notice, I'm having my first root canal on Thursday.  Don't let me do anything while drugged up like switch to HO scale or something crazy like that.  :-)  Although one friend says he does his best work post-dental surgery high.  LOL!  Thursday's update may be interesting.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Steven.

    I like this scene, and I've been wanting to get a water tower like that for some time. Can you tell me who supplies it please?

    Regards,
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ron. It's the Walthers City Water Tower. http://www.amazon.com/Walthers-Cornerstone-Series-Water-933-3815/dp/B003TBGM22

      Delete
    2. Thanks Steven. I know that kit, but didn't realise it could look so good.
      Ron

      Delete