This evening, I began work on kitbashing my Libbey-Owens-Ford Sand Storage Silo structure. I have started off with cardboard cylinders that I found leftover from a Girl Scout project. I then cut styrene for the first section before the loading shed.
The prototype. You will notice that the bottom of the silos have a concrete wall that goes around base. The section I'm working on tapers off toward the last silo. There is also a dock door here.
I will fill in the gaps with Testors Contour Putty
So far, so good. I am just a novice at kitbashing so don't expect amazing work here. I will try to do my best though to make a reasonable representation of the facility.
I have only kitbashed one other structure in my life. It was the barn that resides at Franklin Farms.
Here is the barn on v1.0 of the layout.
Here it is today at Franklin Farms.