Sunday, January 4, 2015

The ROCK 3.0: Next Op Session Scheduled

I'm happy to report the next Op Session has been scheduled for February 28th.  For readers of the blog, I'm sure they will happy to see regular progress reports start flowing again.  I seem to be the most productive leading up to an op session.

Friday night, I tested JMRI with a USB-Serial cable connection to my NCE system.  I was able to get it working with my laptop with minimal effort.  I was able to read in loco settings using Decoder Pro 3.  I need to play around with it some more and then work at speed matching my locos.  I also played around with the scale speedometer.  On my best set of Bachmann GP7s, I was able to get those locos to creep at 1.1 MPH.  Pretty impressive!

Friday, I also worked on adding some weathered cars I had purchased on eBay lately to the layout.  All of them needed weight and some needed low profile wheels added.

Now, time to figure out what work needs/should be done on the layout.  I know there is probably five turnout points that need to be repaired.  That will be the first thing to complete.  I'm thinking of working on the farm land behind Ottawa Yard and trees.  I need lots and lots of trees made!  If I get going well with that, I will work on structures.

No comments:

Post a Comment