Sunday, February 8, 2015

The ROCK 3.0: LOF Scratchbuilding Progress

It was so pleasant this afternoon (72 degrees) that I went out back and painted the silos and part of the building for LOF.  I used Lowes Valspar Flat Rivera Dune Paint + Primer spray paint on a suggestion by my friend Larry for the concrete.



After throwing around some ideas with my friend Allen in Nebraska regarding the smokestack, the paint had dried where I could continue work.  I constructed the building at the right end of the silos during the afternoon.

After dinner, I returned to the project constructing the head house.  I'm pretty pleased with the building so far.  There are a few things I need to work on.  One is the box in the center of the head house.  It needs to be bigger to extend out toward the front.  I have various other things I need to add as well.  Many of the components of the structure are not glued in place yet so they can be painted.  I think it looks pretty good as far.  I'll make an effort to run to Lowes tomorrow at lunch to pick up some gray spray paint for the sheet metal on the structure.












4 comments:

  1. Steven, I gotta tell you, after seeing it painted and at this stage of construction, it's looking pretty Kicka$$!
    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 72° ? outside ?? pff .... :-)

    Steven, this structure looks really awesome, great work so far !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike! Our heatwave appears to be shortlived as the cold temperatures return at the end of the week.

      Delete