This morning, I continued the project outside. I didn't think I had that many more trees, but I ended up working out there for about another hour. I don't know for sure how many trees I made, but I feel comfortable in saying at least 250 or so. It was a lot!
My method of making the trees. By no means, a definitive way of creating them, but it works for me.
- Pull apart the Super Trees and shape into a good looking tree.
- Spray with an extra hold hairspray.
- Place flock (prefer Woodland Scenics) in a one quart container.
- Turn the container on its side and roll the tree gently in the flock until covered.
- Throw the tree in a collection box.
It goes much faster when I have help from my daughters. They helped some, but not near as much as I would have wanted on this batch. Here are some photos of the progress.
I thought I was nearly done with trees, but found tons of little trees I could make. This was only a quarter of what I ended up finding at the bottom of the box.
Spray the weed with the hairspray.
Normally, I wouldn't go with the expensive stuff, but we had an abundance of it from Triple Coupon day a while back.
Woodland Scenics flock in a one quart container (compliments of the local Chinese Restaurant). I gently roll the weed in the container while on its side after spraying with hairspray.
A finished small tree.
Chuck the tree into the pile for planting later.
Leftover tree trunks from the box of Super Trees
This evening, I cleaned the layout room. This week will be busy, so I doubt I will get much more done on the layout. I will probably plant the trees created this weekend though. Layout is staged. I need to update the administrative paperwork with inbound car counts and such plus clean the track and test run the locos this week.